بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَذِكْرَى لِمَن كَانَ لَهُ قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلْقَى السَّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيدٌ
Inna fee thalika lathikra liman kana lahu qalbun aw alqa alssamAAa wahuwa shaheedun
In this, behold, there is indeed a reminder for everyone whose heart is wide-awake-that is,
[every­one who] lends ear with a conscious mind - 50:37


Monday, February 22, 2010

Sept. 1994 Farakhan Visit to Columbus

The MSA and ISGC distributed a press release to all news agencies and TV channels in Columbus for the occasion of Farakhan's speech, August 27th. The press release stated that Islam is not a religion of racism, hatred, separation, and violence. It promotes brotherhood and unity. Muslim teaching places strong emphasis on education, respect, tolerance, family values, and above all, a God-centered lifestyle.

A group of MSA brothers distributed flyers in a peaceful manner at the speech. One brother remarked, "The nice thing is that people ignored me until I said 'Asalaam alaikum'. Then they asked me if the pamphlet about Islam was good or bad. So I said, "I am a Muslim. How can I give you something bad?"

No comments:

Post a Comment