بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

إِنَّ فِي ذَلِكَ لَذِكْرَى لِمَن كَانَ لَهُ قَلْبٌ أَوْ أَلْقَى السَّمْعَ وَهُوَ شَهِيدٌ
Inna fee thalika lathikra liman kana lahu qalbun aw alqa alssamAAa wahuwa shaheedun
In this, behold, there is indeed a reminder for everyone whose heart is wide-awake-that is,
[every­one who] lends ear with a conscious mind - 50:37


Monday, March 1, 2010

Sept. 1994 Hijab in the High School

Dima AIGhothani, a 14 year old student of Hilliard High School made a firm commitment to wear hijab from August 9th. She said she had been thinking and planning this step in her life for about 2 years. "I like it and I'm doing it because I want to. And I think the whole idea is logical," she said. "I don't really care what people are going to think about me. If they want to be my friends, they will1ike me for what I am but not for what I wear."

A party was held for her at the home of her close neighbor, Sahar Hamza. The girls from the recently formed Girls Halaqah all came to encourage her, as well as numerous other friends.

Dima will be the only girl in her school to dress in Islamic clothes. This requires strong faith and courage. May Allah reward you and make this step easy for you. It is a form of jihad and an example to many far older than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment